Monday 28 September 2009

Grease is the word!

Just had word from our panto Director on his latest trip to see Ray Quinn in Grease

Here's what he had to say:-

Last Saturday I went to see Ray Quinn in Grease in the West End. Ray has been in the show for a while now and will leave in November before beginning SLEEPING BEAUTY rehearsals in Birmingham.

The audience clearly loved his take on Danny Zuko and screamed with delight when he appeared. I think he'll be a great leading man in panto and his singing and dancing skills are hugely impressive.

There are plenty of musical numbers for him to get his teeth into. Jon Bowles, our choreographer came with me to the show and now he has a much clearer idea as to how far he can go with the numbers. The musical arrangements are finished and I have heard the demos - they are brilliant. A mixture of standards and brand new songs written for the show!

As I write, Joe Pasquale has walked into the office as we are about to have another catch up on the script so I'd best be off and see what new gags and pieces of business he has for me!

Click here to view TV footage from press launch and listen to interviews with cast.

No comments:

Post a Comment