Thursday 10 December 2009

The Fight Sequence

Have just been sitting about 6ft away from Ray Quinn in a studio at Birmingham Hippodrome who has been rehearsing the fight sequences with Fight Director Karl Magee.

Ray, who plays the Prince is fighting the horrible Slimeball, played by Alex Woodhall, in a very complicated fight scene which sees Ray doing all sorts of jump and spins. (I can now understand just how fit he had to be to do Dancing On Ice last year).

I was there for about an hour watching all of this and in that time they did the sequence over and over until it was perfect (about ten times). In fact the Fight Director made Ray and Alex do five press ups each time they got something wrong!

When I left the studio I caught the lift with Ray who told me ".. he had been working on the scene all day, it was physically hard but glad they had got as far as they did with it"

It looks pretty impressive to me and can't wait to see the dress rehearsal next week when the scene comes together with the rest of the cast.

Here's a sneaky peek of Ray in rehearsal this afternoon. Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment