Monday 9 November 2009

Family panto is family affair

The wonderful Ria Jones is the latest to join the cast of Sleeping Beauty. Ria, who was last seen at the Hippodrome in Witches of Eastwick, the national tour of Anything Goes and as Mrs Overall in the UK tour of Acorn Antiques will play the role of Carabosse, the wicked fairy.

I've seen Ria in all three of these productions at the Hippodrome and I never fail to enjoy her performance. She has such presence on stage and a powerhouse of a voice - well, being from Wales I wouldn't expect anything less.

And Ria has a very talented brother too in the guise of Keri Dupree who plays the role of Lady Passionella. I've met these guys a couple of times now and they strike me as both having a wicked sense of humour. Me thinks there will be jolly japes and much mirth backstage over the Christmas period.

No comments:

Post a Comment